Tuesday 25 August 2009

I really, really wish I could be somewhere else.

Well, trabajo called, and had me working at V Fest. The one that Oasis didn't pull out of. "Hurrah", I hear you cry. Oh no. This is not "hurrah"-worthy. On a burger van, next to the main stage (you may "hurrah" here) which got hammered. Ridiculous hours, for (adult) minimum wage, with staff on drugs. I just despise it. I despise everything about working there. I despise the bosses mainly. Well, just one of them. Greasy Ian. He's just a tosser. I also discovered that seeing Oasis at V the other week, makes me one of the few people present (in relation to the rest of the world) to have seen their last performance. Yay me.

This weekend also involved working at Leeds Fest. A comletely different experience to V. Totally not my cup of tea. V has something for everyone, whilst Leeds is rock. I'm not a huge fan of rock, but I can stand it. I cannot stand noise. The Horrors are a prime example of bands that just make noise. Actually dreadful. That said, I had slightly more fun working at Leeds, just because once we'd finished our shift, we wandered round, judging drunks and going on the Waltzers. I enjoyed it.

In other news, I go on my year abroad on THURSDAY! Actual 3 days away. THREE! From then, I will be transferring to my "Martin en France" blogg. Don't say I don't give you notice, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment