Thursday 13 August 2009

Ouais, 'otpot.

I don't know if I've blogged about this before, quite frankly (my dear), I don't give a damn. I love it too much. I'm sure you've seen it. A lot of people have. I'm talking about Blackpool's attempt at boosting tourism, by branching out to France. Voila le link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xgxkxqqUH0&feature=related

Actually hilarious. In other, French related, news, I found old letters from my exchange partner from my first ever French exchange. From my first year of French, way back in year 8. Unfortunately, I don't have what I assume to be my piss-poor attempts at French, but I do have their attempts at English, and funnier still, my mother's attempt at French. I shall put them below.
Letter #1

Anthony PRINCE
fait le 6th January 2002
Hello Martin
I'm twelve. My Birthday is a eight july. I live in Semusac. I've got green eye, and brown hairs and short. I've got a one Brother. His name is Jonathan. He is seventeen. He has got blue eye and blond hair. I've got one dog. I haven't got computer but I sometime a bike. I like petanque and watching télevision. I like laugh and marrant. good-bye

friend Anthony


I feel bad for mocking his level of English, but I'm sure he'd do the same now, as I imagine his english to be much better.... I like "I sometime a bike".

Letter #2.

Hello Martin

I'm anthony. I had a letter. I fine than you. The France is a beautiful country. We are going to the "Ile d'Aix). In London, we went to museum of synse. I was encounscious. Do you like a dogs?
I have got a big dog but he is beautiful, clever but very old we play to the playstation. bring the code for GTA and bring crash bash please

Good at the familly

Anthony
PRINCE


They are a special bunch.

And now, the piéce de résistance. The following is something my mother (somehow) prepared in case she had to ring Anthony's house whilst I was in France. I find it funnier than you probably will.


Bonjour Je suis ^Karen la mere
Martin.
Je voudrais parler Martin.
Merci.


I'm pleased with her attempt. But it should read "Bonjour, je suis Karen, la mere(with a back accent on the first e) DE Martin. Je voudrais parler A(accent)/avec Martin." Silly things, but it's chuckle-able...

No comments:

Post a Comment