Sunday 9 August 2009

Martin's return to trabajo

Another chapter in the 'catch-up' series. Last week at some point, technically the week before acually, I was rung by Jacqui asking if I wanted to work the weekend. Instinct said yes. All plans were put on hold. My works clothes were dug out, and trousers were checked to see they still fit. They did not. I had to make do with one pair, so it was all good. Then was the inevitable return to trabajo. Nice to be greeted with a pissing dog upon arriving at "base". Stupid Jan. There have been ever so slight changes at base, notices saying who is legally allowed to drive the forklifts, the locking of the dry stores, to stop people stealing etc etc. Nothing major. It disappointed me alot actually that nothing had changed barely. Ian is still as Ian as ever.

Then came actual work. They have put some sort of fancy picture on the front of the burger vans, to make them look nice. They don't. They look stupid. There is still a piss poor array of equipment on them, and the stock is still cheap-ass shit. Someone asked us if our sausages were pork. I lied. "Of course they are". Well, it wasn't a big lie. They're mostly pork. Like 20%. 20% chicken, and something percent beef. The rest, well I don't know. But university has instilled in me something that I like to call "standards". This means I won't touch our food. Except our chips. They're scrummy.

Actually, here is a link to "cafes2go"'s website. It's all lies. http://www.vivacafes.co.uk/ And here is a picture of a unit that we no longer own. It's not me working on it, thankfully. [It didn't seem to work. I'm sure you can find it on the website...]

My favourite part of the website. Health and Safety. It's just one big "lols". This is it:
"All " Cafes 2 Go " units are purpose built and are certified to comply with all current statutory gas and electric regulations


Records are kept daily for temperature controlled cooking and display temperatures to ensure food safety and hygiene



All staff undertake regular training on hygiene, health and safety and customer care.
Our food suppliers are selected from a reputable mix of local, national and multi-national companies to provide top quality produce at a competetive price


All our premises, food and bar units are regularly inspected by Wakefields Health and Safety Authority.
All Certificates for Health & Safety, Insurance and Public Liability etc are available for inspection and copies are available upon request."

No comments:

Post a Comment