Wednesday 3 June 2009

C'est si belle, la lune...

Seriously, I had a revelation a few weeks back about how easy it is to make rhymes in foreign. Obviously, now I come to tell you all about it, I can't think of anything decent. But still. The point stands.

These past few days have gone so quickly. I had my spanish speaking the other day (I refuse to call it oral, simply because of the giggles that generally ensue), my epic last exam, or 231 as it's known to us - something about French politics. This last exam day involved general group panicking with Becca and Charlotte, and then a final panic after the exam trying to sort out all my coursework to hand in. Palarver is the word.

But, all is good, I got home. I got on trains with leg room, and didn't have to sit next to anyone, which is the way I like it. There was a snoring lady on my train from Manchester, and she was sat next to a man who was getting off before her. Unfortunately, the man was sat by the window, so after establishing 'no, I probably can't traverse her' he politely shook her to wake her up. It was funny. So naturally, I returned home to find that my room had become somewhat of a storeroom, with 2 dining room chairs stored there. Now, for those of you not in the know, there is barely room to swing a bee in my room, let alone a cat, so these chairs made it nigh on impossible to swing anything smaller than a bee. An ant, let's say.

Yesterday, well, last night mainly, we went to a restaurant called "Bella Roma", and in true style, there was a real Italian to greet you as you walked in. However, he had clearly lived in Yorkshire quite a while as he had developed a somewhat interesting mix of the Yorkshire dialect and his heavy native Italian accent. He's been on 'Deal or No Deal?', don't you know. There was a picture of him with Noel and everything. In true 'birthday meal' style, my mother had arranged for a cake (no less than a quality Sainsbury's cake) to be brought with coffee. So I had to find room after an epic meal of both a starter and a pudding either side of the main, for a cappuccino and tiny Ammarretto biscuit. Plus the cake. God, I hate ammarretto. It's just so marzipan-y. Ugh. But, my grandad responded to the cake with the typical 'You crafty thing, you Karen!'. Not so much as fake shock, more embarrassment. He got a kiss off one of the waitresses, so he seemed content.

I have also finished 'Yes Man' by Danny Wallace. I recommend it. It's funny and thinkative.

No comments:

Post a Comment