Sunday 14 June 2009

"Che lavoro fai?" or How I grew to detest Cineworld.

Well, today has been another morning of Italian. I have to say, despite everyone constantly whittering, mainly because I imagine it's their way of learning, I'm really enjoying it. I can now ask people what they work as "Che cosa fai?/Che lavoro fai?" And ask where they work "dove lavori?". Admittedly, most of the people in the class are retired, so this topic became quite exhaustive after 10 minutes. However, "sono studente e lavoro in la universita". Okay, so that sentence lacked a few accents, but the point still remains. We also learned verbs today. It made me happy. Lavoro, lavori, lavora, lavoriamo, lavorata, lavorano. Pride. :D

If I didn't mention before, I applied for a job at Cineworld the other day. Well, Friday night to be precise. Below is their response:-

Dear Martin,

Re: Multifunctional Staff Member

Thank you for your interest in the above vacancy with Cineworld Cinemas.

We have reviewed your application and unfortunately, you have not been selected to attend an interview on this occasion.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time and effort that you have put into your application.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Kind Regards,


Recruitment Team
Cineworld Cinemas

*Please do not reply to this email as we will be unable to view your response.


Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment