Wednesday 6 May 2009

Eee when I were a lad.

This is Yorkshire-speak for 'Eeee when I was a lad'. Clearly the simple conjugation of 'to be' has not quite been grasped in my home county. Anyway, I feel some sort of nostalgia towards the 1930s today, since being told that that current recession *yawns* could be worse than that following the Wall Street Crash (or the WSC to those who did Modern World History at GCSE. Acronyms were all we had.) I don't know how bad the 'bust' period hit the UK in the 30s, but it hit America pretty hard. They had to come up with so many acronyms, or Alphabet Agencies, to try and sort things out. Well, Roosevelt did. TVA - Tennessee Valley Authority. That is the only one i remember. Keddie would be ashamed. But yes, Roosevelt did some good, and actually did something. As much as I hate egg-man and his merry band of upper-class twits (all of whom have won the prestigious 'Upper Class Twit of the Year Award' at least once in their pitiful lives) I fear it will be they who sort us out in this recession. Hopefully once they're done, Vince Cable and his merry band of fence-sitters will swoop in and make everything a bit more fun.

Anyway. Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo. I think I already explained, it's just another French defeat celebration day.Happy days. So Katie dragged me to Aldi, and ASDA, for Tequila and whatever else she bought yesterday. Oooh. I bought a box of wine from Aldi. "Badger's Creek." It looks so bad.However, Katie made Quesadillas (pronounced 'kesadiyas') and Fajitas (pronounced Fahitas) (not to be confused with pajita, which means straw... so I'm told.). They were really yummy. They actually were.

So, now my day will consist of returning to the library when it opens in 9 minutes, and working like mad on my Cross-Cultural Project. Bad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment