Monday 18 May 2009

When I was Miss Baltimore Craaaaaabs

What does that even mean? I'm not doubting the awesome-ness of Hairspray, but I mean the title of Michelle Pfeiffer in this is dubious. I actually properly watched the film yesterday, after previously making do with a series of unrelated clips on youtube. It is actually an amazingly amazing film. Casual racism, and fattism set to a backdrop of musical interludes. "I wish every day were Negro Day."

Not alot has happened recently. Except avoidance of revision.

2 comments:

  1. That part of the U.S. (Chesapeake Bay) is famous for its delicious blue crabs so she was probably crowned at a crab festival. I haven't seen the movie in years so I don't remember the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh. Thankyou mysterious commenter...

    ReplyDelete