Wednesday 13 May 2009

Je bored.

Everyone loves a bit of Franglais. "Je bored" is a perfect example of such rich linguistical language. Naturally, the only people to hate Franglais are the French. It is their duty to crusade against all non-Frenchness, and kill it, making sure it can never again return to life. Ever.

I am bored, and procrastinating, so I am blogging. I am currently in a windowless prison, somewhere in a building in which "Science" *shudders* is taught. I fear the men will come for me soon, to cart me away, beat me up a bit, and dump me on DELC's loving doorstep saying "...and don't let us catch you hear again, you dirty linguist!" I signed up for a beginners, and I mean ultra beginners, German course earlier. £52! for 4 whole days! It's alot, but I hope to gain alot from the experience, and add a non-latin language to my repertoire of languages. And perhaps I shall continue it in France, well, in Rennes, and become a linguistic God. But. Freud says I am past the language learning age. So I am a bit screwed. Oh well. I'll prove that nutter wrong.

I'm not looking forward to Catalan tomorrow. I have made my tiny postcards of Catalan. But not enough. I'll do some more tonight, so I feel like I've done something. Then, like most days, I will proceed in taking over the world.

Hah. I was gonna finish blogging then, but it reminded me of Bosnia & Herzegovina's Eurovision entry. It was all a bit Soviet. There was a man singing in Bosnian (perhaps, or maybe Herzegovinian), and there were women in white soviet-esque hats, and playing drums... We expected the doors to seal, the lights go out, followed by the sound of a single shot being fired, shortly followed by cries of "He is dead! The President is dead! Long live the Leader!". Or, failing that, a flag to drapse down, the Bosnia-Herzegovinian flag, with a 40foot high portrait of their leader, with a soviet-style salute given. Alas, it did not. But I'm sure they got through, somehow, despite being shit. But not as shit as Armenia. Oh God, that was bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment