Thursday 28 May 2009

Oh, Calamity!

Well, these past few days have been quite epic. I have seen Star Trek, Coraline, fell (not feel as I previously typed) up the stairs, been to A&E, and bought Flight of the Conchords.

The other evening, we went to see Star Trek. It was actually the single most exciting film I have watched in well over a year. Everything was going fine. We'd gotten tickets, and were going up the stairs. Guess who managed to fall up at least 3 steps? On the harsh corners of the stairs I knocked my knee. It hurt like hell, but I thought nothing of it, and enjoyed the awesomeness of Star Trek. I thought all was well, I went to walk down the stairs and it really hurt. I got home, had a look, and there was a huge bump on it. This scared me (having had problems with my knees before), so I rang NHS Direct, and after giving them lots of information, I got put through to a nurse, and asked the same questions. In the end, she recommended I go get it checked. So, Katie took me to A&E and Naomi came in with me. What a fucking palarver. After an hour of waiting, I got to see triage, who then told me the doctor wouldn't be long. An hour later, and with no sign of a doctor, I got bored. Also, my lump had gone down, so I figured it wasn't my knee cap. I discharged myself. And all is good now.

Coraline, is so scary! For a kids film it is utterly petrifying! They had buttons for eyes! BUTTONS!

Also, as today is now Friday, it is so sunny! And actually warm! Heat! I decided against bringing a jacket out!

2 comments:

  1. A&E is pathetic, I went in Feb and waited 4 hours and was told to come back the next day for a CT scan - fun times!

    Ooooh I've downloaded Coraline and haven't watched it yet, should I? I'm actually quite scared now lol. Seriously, I'm a whimp - I cower at scary music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more the build up and the like to it, just be prepared to be creeped out...

    ReplyDelete