Monday 9 February 2009

Eep! It's week 5 already!

Or week 15, depending on how you look at it. Either way, we're nearing the halfway mark to Lent Term. Surely Lent has to start soon? Anyway. Week 5 is an important week for all those Second Years who are beginning to feel the pinch. No. Not the actual pinch of that pervert on the bus. I'm meaning the pinch of the lack of pennies. For Tuesday brings a whole thousand of Her Majesties beautiful Pounds into their accounts. I am one of these. However, due to frivolous overspending in Michaelmas Term, I ended up £1000 in the red, £600 of it is going into bringing my overdraft back up to £0.

Week 15 also sees various lectures by an actual Catalan, about Catalunya. The first is erm... about... Catalunya? And the second... I'm feeling the diglotism... maybe... Either way, the first one is followed by a wine session, which is so important, it caused Maria to actually cancel class. Fun times. In case you didn't know, I'm a total language geek. My new-found love, at present, is Catalan - Latin's illegitimate lovechild. It's so good. I think it's the thrill of learning a new language which is the exciting part. But still. It's exciting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment