Sunday 8 February 2009

So I'm part Irish...

... if the internet is to be believed. Google happily informed me that my particular branch of the healy/haly/heeley surname group is of unknown origin, but is definitely Irish/Gaelic. This is bad news. It means I shame Ireland every time I get drunk after a few drinks. I can cope with shaming them, in all fairness, they've had worse. But still. I feel I should embrace my heritage. Although, if I did that, I'd be eating rarebit, in a kilt, doing Riverdance, whilst smoking a joint. Actually, that's an interesting enough point. My great gran never thought it odd her mother having an odd maiden-name (Snook), living in Wiltshire (which infact says alot about strange surnames in Wiltshire). It took my grandad (her son-in-law) to figure out she was half Dutch - and she was genuinely surprised when he told her.

Gotta love the elderly.

1 comment: