Monday 23 February 2009

Non sono tedesco...

This is what I learned the other day, as I randomly opened my 'Teach Yourself Italian' book. It means 'I am not German'. This puzzled me greatly, as Italian is normally linked to the other silly Latin languages, but this word 'tedesco' (Tesco with a de in the middle), is so unsimilar to the other words like "Alemand", or "Alemán"... Molt extrany. I will research it and update with what I find.

Wordreference.com has informed me that Germany in Italian is "Germania" so I have actually no idea where it comes from now. Very odd. I have given up. When I find out, I will inform you all.

I cannot be bothered at present. With anything. I got hit with a brief pang of it last night, and it has returned today, but worse and has lingered. No es bueno. I want Ben & Jerrys and wine. Mucho vino... Today has been uneventful, apart from the internet going off. BT told us to ring them, and we did. We got a robot woman telling us to go on the internet to check manage our account online. I shouted down the phone, yes, to a robot, WE HAVE NO INTERNET! I was not impressed. My brownies I made yesterday did not turn out good either. I burnt the base of them :(

No comments:

Post a Comment