Saturday 7 February 2009

So I survived Blackpool...

...but it came at a price: all feeling. So very cold.

I don't know if you've ever been up Blackpool Tower, but it's certainly an experience. The aquarium, well, I don't feel the need to bother describing it. The Jurassic Trail was infact the single most shittest thing I've seen. Ever. The views from the top weren't too bad - could see for quite a way which was cool. But cold. Then, well, we managed to end up at one of the worst football stadiums in the country. Blackpool FC's. To call it a stadium would infact be a lie, as stadiums tend to have 4 sides. This had 2, and a temporary stand for the away fans - no roof, nothing. 1h45 of freezing cold. Hovever, I ended up sat next to this old woman, who was proper getting into the match. Old people amuse me. Sport changes them beyond recognition. They become so involved and so angry. It's quite scary to be honest, but at the same time, quite humourous.

Demons is such a poor quality programme: "Beware of something nasty pretending to be something nice" is one example of poor quotes, "Death? It's very flat. At first I thought it was like Nebraska, but it turned out not to be." That being another.

On the topic of humourous quotes, local news stories to Lancaster: "Snow chaos on city roads" - If you saw the snow in Lancaster, you would know this headline clearly lied. Lancaster's snow was more or less gone by lunchtime on Monday, nada, zilch, rien, zip. And "Cabbie lets down police car's tyres". This made me chuckle, as I just had an image of a cabbie sneaking round the police HQ in a black and white stripey top (like a burglar, not a Frenchman) doing it. I wonder about the circumstances in which this came about.

That's all I can think to write about for now.

p.s. Crows-feet protecter - Is it like a big net thing that catches crows so their feet can't attack them?

1 comment:

  1. If you were with me watching a tennis match you'd probably be highly amused how much I get into it. At times I have a habit of yelling at the T.V., which, of course, can do nothing about match itself. I get pretty into rugby too. But, at the moment, football does little for me.

    ReplyDelete