Monday 27 April 2009

No pengi, sisplau.

For all you non-Catalanophones (or perhaps Catalaphones), that means 'Don't hang up, please.' [Pronounced No pen-gee, sizplough]. We learnt Catalan phone etiquette today. Do not answer with 'Rebecca McGeoghan'. Or the name of a company, unless it actually is the company.

I also endured a 'Zaddy' seminar. If I had been blogging before Christmas, the blogg would have mostly consisted of her quotes, and gripes about her, and her silly, silly, silly module. I expected her to run right up until the hour, instead of the usual finishing 10 minutes to, but she surpassed herself, and went on until 1.30. In the end I apparently slammed down my pen and said, rather loudly, "I need to go, Zaddy!". It was stroppy, or so I'm told. I had really had enough. What's important is that it saved us all from any more of that miserable old wench. I just wanted my essay back. And got none of it. We have to go see her, and endure a one-on-one, in HALF HOUR slots. I mean, how bad were our essays, that they merited half-hour slots?!

As if 'Zaddy's Words of Action' during the seminar weren't bad enough. I shall share them with you:
  • Firstly: Read the *whispers* damn *unwhispers* question.
  • Make quite sure that you understand exactly what the *whispers* damn *unwhispers* question means. CONTEXT!
  • Secondly, (yes, she said secondly thirdly), plan your answer! -This is all advice based on our essay questions. They must have been bad-
  • Secondly, (yes, again) know your text before you go into the exam!
  • Make sure every point is adequetly documented. -Do we attach articles supporting our argument?-
  • 'Ooh. Flood.'
  • Oh. Alzheimers'
  • 'Splendid Wench'
  • Who are you again? Yes, you? Hmmm. You look like the Porter. ARE you the Porter?
  • I know you. You're the Heeley.

Okay, so the last five were quotes. But still, the woman is clearly mental. Rant over.

New funny Catalan word. Haig. (pronounced hadge, like Maig, Faig and Vaig).

No comments:

Post a Comment