Thursday 12 March 2009

Bus protocol.

I have realised recently that 'bus protocol', i.e. how to behave correctly on the bus, and at bus stops, is somewhat different here in Lancaster to that which I am used to at home, in wondrous Yorkshire. At home, the elderly take priority when getting on and off the bus. Even if you were there first. They have to get on first, otherwise they will be chuntering all the way to the next stop (as that is where they will get off the bus) about your insolence at not letting them get on first ["I survived the war don't you know... They couldn't cope today" etc etc].

{I am breaking off from my blogg rant to express my sheer OUTRAGE at the mature student who has just returned to their computer, after baggsying it by spreading lots of books about by it... shocking.}

And now I return. However, due to the lack of the elderly here, such protocol is none-existent. Instead of following the 'I was here first' rule, it appears that bus stops are a mere free-for-all. The worst kind being the underpass. And getting off? Well. That just depends on how polite the individual is feeling on that particular day.

There was a person wailing in square earlier on, which concerned me. It also reminded me of the other day, when a man, who was at least in his mid-50s, was doing Tai-Chi in the middle of the quad in Bowland North (this place, if you didn't know, has lots of seminar rooms around it, where people wait to go into their seminars), and was mildly amusing. He was goddam brave to be doing that...

In my final year, Sian has presented me with the option of living in CityBlock in town, which, if I'm honest, looks fricking awesome. The only thing holding me back, is that I did want to live on-campus in my final year. However, this place is ridiculously awesome, so I am considering emailing them asking to be put on a priority list for final year. I do hope I can get in there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment