Friday 13 March 2009

Gah! Procrastination!

Today has been a fair day... I did not revise for the Spanish grammar test I had at 9am, however, was rewarded for this by it being erm... not simple, not great, but quite good... Better than expected. This sadly cannot be said for the Spanish listening. Flora didn't quite seem to get that none of us could hear the tape, as it was a tape, as was naturally fuzzy (I wrote fuzzAY during my first attempt at that word) and every time the bit you needed came up, it went mumbley... Gah!

Then Katie forgot her keys, so I went home to take them to her. Why is it that when you're in a rush, everything conspires to hinder your progress? The bus taking ages to turn up. The slowest bus driver. Ever. A lorry in the road. Old people. Crossing the road. Crossing the road, again. The slowest bus driver. Ever. [The previous one, it turns out is only the second slowest driver] People in the way. Smokers. But. I was not the last one to Catalan. So all is good.

Last night I became Naomi's practice dummy for TaeKwonDo. It was interesting to say the least. At least I know that if I'm ever with Naomi and she gets attacked by a man punching her with his right hand, in a rigid fashion, or indeed, he kicks her in a rigid fashion, she can defend herself. But only if he kicks/punches her with his right leg/hand. But why would they kick with the left? Why? It's just plain rude!

I have my little book of Catalan grammar out (God I'm a geek), ready to update for the first time since before Christmas. Estic molt desorganitzat!

No comments:

Post a Comment