Monday 16 March 2009

One a penny, two a penny...

Well, as you noticed I didn't blogg yesterday. This is because Sunday is the day of nothingness. It's true. Nothing ever happens. Apart from England beating France in some game known as 'rugby'.

So yes, my Italian friend asked me today what we do in England for Easter. Naturally we have the Easter Eggs, then I hit the wall... I had no idea. Then I remembered Hot Cross Buns. Which was followed by 'What are they?'. Now this is as difficult as describing what Yorkshire Pudding is to a Frenchman, and watching in horror as you describe how 'they're sort of like crepes, but savoury' - "Yoo meen zey'r not a pooding". I felt inspired by this to see how they're made. Christ, did I regret it. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/hotcrossbuns_397.shtml) There is the link. It all looks incredibly complicated. I wish he'd never asked...

No comments:

Post a Comment