Sunday 22 March 2009

Les Hauts de Hurlevent

For those of you (all 3 of you) who don't know what that means, it's the French title of Wuthering Heights. As Stephenie Meyer seems to have based alot of her books on other books, they have really gotten into Les Hauts de Hurlevent via one of her books...

“I dream of going to the place where the novel is set, in Le Yorkshire beaten by the wind,”

Don't we all, dear frog. Don't we all...

Well yesterday was a bit nothingy. Not alot happened durante el dia, but in the evening I went to Katie's, via the chippy, and watched Mamma Mia... Everything about that 'film' screams terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE! but you just can't stop watching...

Today I shall make a feast of chicken things, sausages, stuffing and chips... maybe with some gravy... all because many of the above go out of date soon... so much class...

*Gurns a la Dawn French mocking Julie Walters*

3 comments:

  1. The French title just doesn't have the same effect. It really irritates me when writers blantantly use another writer's work and don't do anything innovative with it. Having said that, maybe I'm being harsh as I haven't read Meyer's books. BUT, if that is a line from her book it is a completely cheap way of using Wuthering Heights and is presumably playing on some of the greatest lines in English literature: 'I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas: they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.'
    Mamma Mia! is irrestible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Noooooo It was what one of the French people said about Les Hauts de Hurlevent! Silly Peoples

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I can't believe I managed to completely misread that. Especially as you put 'dear frog'. Still, it's a bizarre thing to say. I have to point out that you put 'gotten'!

    ReplyDelete