Thursday 19 March 2009

I forgot about the wine!

Well today is yet another suspiciously sunny day in the Shire of Lancs... Most people now think it's acceptable to wear shorts and flip flops. It is not. It isn't warm! It is cold!
Cold + Sun ≠ SUMMER. Summer = sun + HOT.
Fools. I contemplated re-attempting yesterday's culinary malady, but I decided it's for the best that I don't... for now anyway. Mother wants me to make some brownies when I get home, and this I will consider, so long as the ingredients are there.
It seems I have become deaf in my right ear. Again. It's temporary. It'll only last about a week or so... But then I'll be able to hear. Oh well. Today we are having a 'fun' lesson in Spanish. This concerns me, as 'fun' and 'lesson', and indeed 'Spanish' should not go together. Ever. I'm a little scared. But there has been promise of wine. So it's all good. Rioja at 11am. I don't think I'll ever have felt classier. Eep that last sentence was a grammatical nightmare. I could never say that in foreign...

1 comment:

  1. You always make me laugh. I agree that the whole weather thing is totally weird. Although it was pretty warm today. Even I was suprised, and I do feel the cold. The thing I though was most weird is that it was sunny and the sky looked pretty clear and yet out of my bedroom window I couldn't see the mountains at the start of the Lake District - I originally looked because I thought 'oh it's a clear day, I'll be able to see the Lake District', but no, I couldn't. Very peculiar. It's like there was a big hazy cloud thing covering them.
    Hope you have a good Easter break :) and I really hope you realise who I am, lol

    ReplyDelete